One year ago this weekend the church I attend fell into crisis…these are some little and big things that I have learned the last year.
- God is in control…he knows what is going on
- God is faithful even in the broken lives of his children (If we endure hardship, we will reign with him,if we deny him, he will deny us, if we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is.” II Tim 2:12-13)
- God can use anything he wishes to allow people to come to him…
- That without a pastor sharing vision that discouragement will set in – “Without vision people perish”- PROVERBS 29:18
- Learned that spiritual leadership is critically important and messages that allows non-Christians to be reached yet to grow people to be like him is just as important. That the heart of the people within that church is more important than any single message series or any program – PEOPLE OVER PROGRAMS! That God cares about the very hairs on your head – “And the very hairs on your head are all numbrered” – MT 10:30
- That Glenn’s words a few years ago rings true – that discouragement will set in, that we need to remember that we can not see all the fruit that the church is growing, that disccouragement is natural, but it is a season of life and when we feel discouraged we should not give up…”So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” GAL 6:9
- My prayer – that we find a lead teaching pastor that will teach the Word of God in an original way using his God-given creativity to lead this body of believers and to cast a God-given vision to the body so I can be excited to see what God will do at the church!
Have I felt like leaving? Yes, especially lately, but I left a church before and promised that I would not leave a church on preferences but only on principle. Is it my preference that the volume of the worship music to be turned down a hair, YES! Is it my preference that the message series and messages be original? YES… Is it my preference that we be more updated on things going on within the church? YES Has this church broken any principles the last year? No
I have a lot to share and will share my convictions on discipleship…what God has been teaching me lately during the next week…