I am doing a study on love right now and I am amazed at the depth of the definition of love and more importantly what it is. I think everyone know I COR 13, but I have amazed at what I have found out about love such as
- Pray for your enemies
- Love is not proud
- Love can not be divided into two places (in other words, what are you serving?)
- Love your neighbor as yourself
- Love God with ALL (I have been told all is all) your heart
- Do good to your enemies
- Lend to your enemies and expect nothing in return
- Love the church
- Love is full of truth
- If I serve, worship, fellowship etc without love I profit nothing
One last thing and this really hit me:
“Let all you do be done in love”
God is deepening me – he is giving me a heart for people who bug me, who have done me wrong.
I think of something Ephesians says – I just got done studying this verse with my life group, “…showing tolerance for one another in love.” Do I do this? I fall a lot. I want to compare myself to others but God’s standard humbles me and gets me on my face to seek him.